Mumbai: MMRDA setup control room to tackle bad roads, water logging issues during monsoon
During monsoon season, people would be able to seek help from the Control Room on various aspects such as uprooting of trees, water logging, accidents, traffic snarls, potholes etc.
Commuters or motorists who face problems during the monsoon season while using the roads that come under the jurisdiction of Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) can now directly report the problem related to bad roads, waterlogging to MMRDA directly. The MMRDA has set up a Control Room for monsoon, which is operational from June 1, 2019. The Control Room will be monitored 24x7 by MMRDA Engineers and officials.
The MMRDA control room has been set up with a view to minimise inconvenience to the vehicular and pedestrian traffic at various project sites being implemented by the MMRDA authority across the city.
"The contractors have been asked to strictly adhere to safety measures. They are also instructed to stringently follow norms as far as barricading, reinstatement of the damaged road works, clearing and disposal of the muck on the roads are concerned. The contractors will also maintain dewatering pumps of adequate capacity where there is no connectivity to stormwater drains and also at the water logging spots”, said Dilip Kawathkar, Joint Project Director (PR), MMRDA.
"People would be able to seek help from the Control Room on various aspects such as uprooting of trees, water logging, accidents, traffic snarls, potholes, etc. The control room officials would also welcome information on unusual occurrences or impending dangers. The control room will work in tandem with the Railways, Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM), Traffic Police, BEST, Fire Brigade, and other agencies”, said Kawathkar further.
Service from the control room will be available on the following helpline numbers:
- 86574020901800228801 (Toll-free)
Top news stories of the day
- Virat Kohli slapped Rs 500 fine for washing car with drinking water by Gurugram corporation
- Mantralaya dengue scare: BMC drops pesticide grains in Metro 3 pits
- Mumbai: City's water levels down to less than 10 percent of total stock
- Smriti Irani's mushy moments with husband Zubin spell romance!
- Thane: Cadbury junction flyover to remain open during the repairs
- Mumbai: City mountaineer revisits near-death experience in the Everest jam
- Mumbai: In a first, MSHRC takes note of MU law result chaos
- Do you know Belly dancing helps you lose weight, improve sex life?
- Mumbai: MMRDA setup control room to tackle bad roads, water logging issues during monsoon
- British Airways passenger forced to sit on seat with vomit; Airline gets trolled
- World Oceans Day: 10 spectacular marine animals in pictures
- Watch video: Old man serving water to pedestrians in sweltering Delhi heat will melt your heart
- Sudarshan Pattanaik's remarkable beach sand sculptures are a must see
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe