Police bust sex racket; owner of Delhi spa centre on the run
The commission got information about the sex racket running inside the spa centre after a journalist, who had gone to the spa as a customer but was offered girls at different rates, called up its helpline on May 18 to report the issue
On May 21, 2019, the Delhi Police busted a sex racket operating from a spa centre of a mall in the state and found 11 girls. The 11 girls were "engaged in immoral activities". According to a police officer, "The spa's owner is still at large."
A team comprising of the Delhi Commission for Women (DCW), along with local police, raided the spa centre at the mall located in Rohini area of north Delhi. The officials found the girls in an "objectionable position" and "engaged in immoral activities".
#DelhiPolice have busted a sex racket operating from a #spacentre of a mall here and found 11 girls there "engaged in immoral activities", a police officer said on May 21, adding that the spa's owner is still at large.— IANS Tweets (@ians_india) May 21, 2019
Photo: IANS pic.twitter.com/sEjF7GXzt0
The DCW chief Swati Maliwal said that they had issued a notice to the police for not making any arrests in the case and also to the MCD to ascertain whether they had received any complaints about the spa in the past.
According to the DCW, the commission got information about the sex racket running inside the spa centre after a journalist, who had gone to the spa as a customer but was offered girls at different rates, called up its helpline on May 18 to report the issue.
"They were taken to Prashant Vihar Police station and a case registered against the owner of the spa who was forcibly pushing these girls into sex racket. Some of these girls belong to Nepal," a senior police officer told IANS.
According to the police, the sex racket was active in the mall from last year. The senior police officer further added, "We are looking for the owner of the spa. A hunt is on to nab him."
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai: TikTok user arrested for dangerous bike stunts back in 2017
- Travel agent dupes south Mumbai travellers of Rs 3.08 lakh
- Mumbai Crime: Four nabbed for illegal soil excavation in Gorai
- Mumbai crime: Within four hours of murder, cops nab 2 accused
- Shiv Sena corporator, Salman Khan discuss Being Human for BMC
- Congress leaders' discuss water issues with Mumbai civic chief
- How did you spend our money? BMC chief asks the Railways
- Mumbai: Sion flyover to be shut for one month
- Can we leave the fireflies alone, please?
- Alert Mumbai Metro staff helps commuter get back lost wallet in four hours
- Mumbai lift mishap: BDL lift has not had a licence for last 14 years
- Pune: Loud purring alerts cops to leopard cubs being smuggled
- Between the real and the abstract
- The future of Idli Manchurian
- Smita Thackeray, Maanayata Dutt, Amitabh Bachchan at an event in Andheri
- Remembering Rajiv Gandhi: Rare pictures of former Prime Minister of India
- British Royal kids Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis play in the woods
- These photos of Amruta Fadnavis enjoying the rains are romantic as ever!
- Popular Mumbai salons that Bollywood's top actresses visit
- mid day editorial: Let's start making every drop of water count
- British Royal kids George, Charlotte and Louis play in the woods
Agra police busts examination leak racket, arrests six persons