Seven-year-old boy dies of suffocation in a locked car in Visakhapatnam
The incident took place at Navy Quarters area on Monday when the son of a domestic servant of an officer accidentally locked himself in the vehicle
On May 21, 2019, a seven-year-old boy died of suffocation while being locked inside a car in Andhra Pradesh's coastal city of Visakhapatnam, the police said.
The incident took place at Navy Quarters area on Monday when the son of a domestic servant of an officer accidentally locked himself in the vehicle.
According to police, Vinod, the servant had taken his son Prem Kumar to the employer's house. When he was cleaning the car, the boy wanted to sit inside the vehicle and play with the dolls kept inside. However, Vinod refused and told him to return home.
Later, Vinod returned to the employer's house after some time and was told by the officer's wife that Prem Kumar was playing inside the car. When Vinod opened the car he found his son lying in a state of unconsciousness. The boy was immediately rushed to a hospital, where he was declared brought dead on arrival.
In another incident that took place on February 2, 2019, a 21-year-old Nepali woman died reportedly due to suffocation during her stay in a windowless hut as part of a banned practice that considers women untouchable during menstruation, according to a media report.
The incident happened in Nepal's remote Doti district on January 31 when Parwati Bogati was sleeping alone in a secluded hut due to menstruation and had lit a fire to keep the hut warm.
When Bogati did not wake up till late next morning, her mother-in-law Laxmi Bogati went to the hut to check her but found that she had passed away, the Kathmandu Post reported.
"She (Parwati) was excited about the next day as her menstruation would end. The poor child closed her eyes forever," said Laxmi.
She said that Parwati went to the secluded hut in a nearby abandoned house as the regular menstrual hut she used to go was crowded that day as three more women from the village having their menstrual period were already there to spend the night. Read the full story here.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai: TikTok user arrested for dangerous bike stunts back in 2017
- Travel agent dupes south Mumbai travellers of Rs 3.08 lakh
- Mumbai Crime: Four nabbed for illegal soil excavation in Gorai
- Mumbai crime: Within four hours of murder, cops nab 2 accused
- Shiv Sena corporator, Salman Khan discuss Being Human for BMC
- Congress leaders' discuss water issues with Mumbai civic chief
- How did you spend our money? BMC chief asks the Railways
- Mumbai: Sion flyover to be shut for one month
- Can we leave the fireflies alone, please?
- Alert Mumbai Metro staff helps commuter get back lost wallet in four hours
- Mumbai lift mishap: BDL lift has not had a licence for last 14 years
- Pune: Loud purring alerts cops to leopard cubs being smuggled
- Between the real and the abstract
- The future of Idli Manchurian
- Smita Thackeray, Maanayata Dutt, Amitabh Bachchan at an event in Andheri
- Remembering Rajiv Gandhi: Rare pictures of former Prime Minister of India
- British Royal kids Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis play in the woods
- These photos of Amruta Fadnavis enjoying the rains are romantic as ever!
- Popular Mumbai salons that Bollywood's top actresses visit
- mid day editorial: Let's start making every drop of water count
- British Royal kids George, Charlotte and Louis play in the woods
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe