This is how Yami Gautam's modelling days came in handy for Bala
Yami Gautam before stepping into Tinseltown as an actor has had a successful modelling career. She did modelling for a brief period of time before she made her debut in Hindi cinema with Vicky Donor in 2012
Yami Gautam is a household name owing to her popularity being a face of several endorsements. Much before she became a successful on-screen actress, Yami has dabbled in a bit of modelling. Always grounded in her past and humble beginnings, Yami always stays connected to her past and the experiences that have shaped her.
Success has been aplenty for Yami this year with having played an intelligence officer one of the most successful films of all time, URI The Surgical Strike and having her earlier but film Kaabil recently release in China. Yami Gautam before stepping into Tinseltown as an actor has had a successful modelling career. She did modelling for a brief period of time before she made her debut in Hindi cinema with Vicky Donor in 2012.
Recently it was reported Yami is all set to play a model in her next film with Ayushmann Khurrana in Bala. In the film, Yami will be seen exploring the character of a model, and a pretty uninsurable one. Yami is thrilled to play such a character for the first time and her modelling days came handy to Yami to play her part of a model in the film. The part in the film she plays is a Loca city model from Lucknow who is a popular face for the locals and the local brands of the city.
During her good old days as a model, Yami was the choice of various brands and fashion designers as the face of their product. When she learnt she is playing a model in the film she got all excited to portray her past real-life experiences in reel life. It has been a great experience be walking down the memory lane for Yami to play a model in Bala.
Speaking on this Yami said, "I play a popular model from a local city in Lucknow. Unlike a lot of characters shown on screen so far, my character is a local model who's famous in a local town. There have been many occasions in my hay days which I associate with my character on a personal level even though the character is far different and her experiences are different from what I have experienced. The only similarity is that she's a model and I have done that briefly, so there are basics I understand of the character. Of course, this character is very different and something I haven't done before. But my personal experience as a model has come in handy in certain nuances".
Top entertainment stories of the day
- Salman, Iulia, Sohail, Seema, Alizeh Agnihotri party at Arbaaz Khan's Bandra residence
- Stars who married non-filmy members of Bollywood families
- Anubhav Sinha on Karni Sena's threat for Article 15 release: Filmmakers can't be constantly bullied
- Mother-daughter day out: Dimple Kapadia and Twinkle Khanna's salon outing in Juhu
- Prabhas and Shraddha Kapoor stranded on Austrian Alps due to heavy rains
- Six-year-old Rupsa Batabyal wins Super Dancer - Chapter 3
- Babies day out: Sunny Leone and Daniel Weber with Nisha, Asher and Noah
- JP Dutta's daughter Nidhi Dutta on digital war drama: Different actor for each biopic
- Janhvi Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Varun Dhawan sweat it out at gym in Bandra
- 26-week-pregnant Amy Jackson working out is truly a Monday motivation
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Tara Sutaria comments on Marjaavaan's clash with Tiger Shroff's War