Three-year-old girl allegedly raped by villager in Uttar Pradesh
when the girl's parents woke up they found her missing and started searching for her
Ballia: A villager allegedly abducted a three-year-old girl and sexually assaulted her in a village in Uttar Pradesh's Ballia district Wednesday, police said. The incident occurred in Kalwari area, they said.
According to reports, the accused allegedly kidnapped the girl from her home in the early hours took her to a secluded place and allegedly raped her. And when the girl's parents woke up they found her missing and started searching for her.
Police said that the parents found her writhing in pain at a place away from her house in the village. Following which, they approached the police and registered a case against the accused. Meanwhile, the girl was rushed to a hospital where her condition was stated to be serious.
The accused was arrested and further investigation is underway, police said.
In another similar case, a 23-year-old woman working in the film industry has been allegedly raped on the pretext of marriage and forcibly chopped off her hair after a fight. Police said that the alleged incident occurred in Goa, where they went on a trip.
Based on the woman's complaint, police on Wednesday arrested the accused identified as Amit Shelar, who is a resident of Wangani area in Thane.
In the complaint the woman had alleged that she learned about some of his other affairs and when she confronted about the same with him, he fought with her. She also said that during their stay together, the accused had raped her multiple times on the false promise of marriage.
The woman reportedly had met him about two and a half years ago and the two became friends. Soon they began living together in a house in Wangani, said the police official at Kulgaon police station.
The couple on May 3, went to goa and stayed at a hotel, where they again had a quarrel following which the accused allegedly abused the woman, forcibly chopped off her hair and left her there, the official said.
Upon returning from Goa, the woman registered a complaint with the Thane police. Based on the complaint, the accused has been arrested and booked under IPC Sections 376 (rape), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 504 (intentional insult with an intent to provoke breach of peace) and 506 (criminal intimidation), he said, adding that no arrest was made so far.
(With inputs from ANI)
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai police probe Aditya Pancholi for 'assault and exploitation'
- Sion Hospital rape: He threatened to strangle me to death, says victim
- Video of sickle brandishing 'dada' lands him in jail in Wakad
- Mumbai: Toy gun breaks off as caretaker tries to rob Malad businessmen
- Five years on, Mumbai University continues to use old, shabby library
- Mumbai recalls 'fine gentleman' Nazir Hoosein behind Liberty Cinema
- Carrom player accident: Dombivli residents want working traffic lights, dedicated cops
- Forced to leave Mumbai, Pandey now struggles as a tea-seller in Kashi
- New BMC chief Pravin Pardeshi brings engineers back from leave
- Mumbai: Charkop citizens protest BMC's tree 'trimming'
- Witness statements don't support Tanushree Dutta's sexual harassment story, says Mumbai cops
- Sleepless on SV Road: Mumbai Metro 2B din ruins nights of Santacruz residents
- Skymet: Below normal rainfall expected in monsoon, 15 per cent chance of drought
- Mumbai Crime: Nigerian duo arrested for stealing money from ATMs
- Body of unidentified woman found at Juhu Chowpatty
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe