A goods train derailed between Kasara station and TGR-3 down line section in Maharashtra on the down main line, creating a disruption in the rail services in the region
The derailed goods train
A goods train derailed on Sunday between Kasara station and TGR-3 down line section on the down main line, creating a disruption in the rail services in the region, the officials said.
The incident took place at around 6:31 pm, they said.
The affected train has been identified as the JNPT- DLIB Container train, with a staggering seven loaded wagons derailing during the mishap, an official statement said on Sunday evening.
The incident has led to the suspension of mail express traffic in the Kasara to Igatpuri DOWN section, impacting the middle line as well. The affected section is vital for the transportation of goods and passengers, and the derailment is expected to cause delays and inconvenience for commuters in the coming hours, as per the officials.
They said that the suburban local train traffic remains unaffected, providing some relief to daily commuters relying on local train services.
However, the disruption in the mail express traffic is expected to affect the normal flow of operations. The railway authorities have addressed the situation and relief efforts are underway, the officials said.
They said that there have been no reported injuries or casualties.
In response to the derailment, Accident Relief Trains (ART) have been mobilised and are en route to the site from Kalyan station road and Igatpuri station, the officials said.
The specialised relief trains play a crucial role in emergency situations, facilitating the recovery process and ensuring the safety of passengers and railway personnel.
Passengers are urged to stay informed about the situation through official announcements and updates from the railway authorities. While suburban local train services continue without interruption, disruptions in the mail express traffic between Kasara and Igatpuri are expected to persist until the completion of recovery efforts.
The railway authorities are conducting a thorough investigation into the causes of the derailment. The details of affected trains and diversions was also shared by the railways.
The following down mail express trains would be affected-
1) 12261 CSMT Howrah express- at Asangaon station
2) 11401 CSMT Adilabad nandigram express- at Ombarmalli station
3) 12105 CSMT-gondia vidarbha express- at ghatkopar station
4) 12109 CSMT Manmad panchvati express- at vikroli station
5) 17612 CSMT Nanded express-Departed from CSMT
6) 12137 CSMT Firozpur Punjab mail express- Departed from CSMT
7) 12173 LTT pratapgarh express- at Kasara
Diversion of mail express trains-
1) 12111 CSMT Amaravati exp- via kalyan-pune- daund- manmad
2) 12809 CSMT Howrah exp- via diva-vasai- udhana- jalgoan route
3) 17057 CSMT- Secunderabad exp- via kalyan- karjat- pune-daund- manmad route
4) 12322 CSMT Howrah exp- via diva-vasai- udhana- jalgaon exp
5) 18029 LTT Shalimar exp- via diva- vasai- udhana-jalgaon route
6) 12167 LTT varanasi exp- via diva-vasai- udhana-jalgaon route
7) 12141 LTT Patliputra exp- via diva-vasai- udhana-jalgaon route
Chief PRO Shivaji Manaspure said, apart from above diversions of 11 mail express trains, there are 4 mail express trains which are beyond Kalyan station already/near to Kalyan station, which can not be diverted.
Kasara to Igatpuri is a Thal ghat section which is having 3 lines.
1) Goods train derailment is on DOWN line (kasara to Igatpuri direction line), hence DOWN traffic is affected.
2) Derailment is infringing middle line also. Efforts are going on to make middle line safe, so that some of the DOWN line traffic (of kasara to Igatpuri side) can be started.
3) Up line (from Igatpuri to Kasara side) is already fit. This line is not affected. Hence Igatpuri to Kasara train traffic is running.
4 mail express (which are already in kalyan to Kasara section) which can not be diverted as of now are-
1) 12261 CSMT Howrah exp- at Asangaon
2) 11401 CSMT Adilabad nandigram exp- at Kasara
3) 12173 LTT Pratapgarh exp-at Kasara
4) 12109 CSMT Manmad panchvati exp-near Kalyan.
"Efforts are going on for middle line in ghat section to make fit to run above 4 detained trains. Passengers are requested to bear with inconvenience," he added.