Coast Guard seizes Pakistani fishing boat carrying 194 packets of narcotics
Acting on a tip-off, the Indian Coast Guard seized the Pakistani vessel and recovered 194 packets of heroin worth Rs 600 crore
On May 21, 2019, in a major operation on the high seas, the Indian Coast Guard seized a Pakistani fishing vessel that was carrying 200 kg of heroin. The seized heroin is valued at a whopping Rs 600 crore in the international market, an official said.
Acting on a tip-off on Monday evening, the Indian Coast Guard seized the Pakistani vessel, "Al Madina". A similar input was received on the following day from the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI). During the search operation, the coast guard recovered 194 packets of suspected narcotics from the boat.
The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) also detained 13-member crew of an Indian fishing vessel which was in the vicinity to receive the contraband.
In a similar operation earlier this year, the ICG, in a joint operation with Anti-terrorist Squad (ATS) had seized about 100 kilograms of Heroin from a Pakistani boat off the east coast of Gujarat. Nine Iranian nationals were apprehended from the boat.
With additional inputs from Faizaan Khan and agencies.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai: TikTok user arrested for dangerous bike stunts back in 2017
- Travel agent dupes south Mumbai travellers of Rs 3.08 lakh
- Mumbai Crime: Four nabbed for illegal soil excavation in Gorai
- Mumbai crime: Within four hours of murder, cops nab 2 accused
- Shiv Sena corporator, Salman Khan discuss Being Human for BMC
- Congress leaders' discuss water issues with Mumbai civic chief
- How did you spend our money? BMC chief asks the Railways
- Mumbai: Sion flyover to be shut for one month
- Can we leave the fireflies alone, please?
- Alert Mumbai Metro staff helps commuter get back lost wallet in four hours
- Mumbai lift mishap: BDL lift has not had a licence for last 14 years
- Pune: Loud purring alerts cops to leopard cubs being smuggled
- Between the real and the abstract
- The future of Idli Manchurian
- Smita Thackeray, Maanayata Dutt, Amitabh Bachchan at an event in Andheri
- Remembering Rajiv Gandhi: Rare pictures of former Prime Minister of India
- British Royal kids Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis play in the woods
- These photos of Amruta Fadnavis enjoying the rains are romantic as ever!
- Popular Mumbai salons that Bollywood's top actresses visit
- mid day editorial: Let's start making every drop of water count
- British Royal kids George, Charlotte and Louis play in the woods
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Closed skywalk in Bandra East leave commuters fuming!