Ex-WWE Diva Melina reveals: Hated life; entered depression when I got raped
Former WWE Diva and champion Melina recently opened about her suicidal tendencies as well as facing depression.
World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) is one of the most entertaining sports in the world today. WWE superstars put in their finest performances in the squared circled to entertain their fans. However, sometimes, it does take a huge toll on many WWE wrestlers.
Former WWE Diva and champion Melina recently opened about her suicidal tendencies as well as facing depression. According to Wrestling news, while speaking to Lilian Garcia on her podcast, Melina said, "I hated life. When it comes to depression, when it comes to thinking about suicide it’s a series of events. It’s not something that just happens. Not just a series of events but also a series of things you tell yourself,” she said. “You think about the people around you and you tell yourself they are better off without you. A lot of times the people who care and have the biggest hearts are the ones that say ‘everybody’s lives would be better if I wasn’t here.'"
"I got better and then hit another form of depression when I got raped again. Everything started falling apart. I didn’t want to leave the house. I couldn’t socialize because I kept thinking no matter what scenario I kept thinking what if something happens? I was paranoid, scared and really couldn’t trust people. I again started wanting to die. I couldn’t get up out of bed in the morning. I didn’t have my family because my family didn’t understand anything I was going through. If anything, it would make me feel bad to tell my family and then break their hearts or be a disappointment. I didn’t really have friends because sometimes when you have relationships, you push people away. I’m big on my family and friends nowadays because I never want to push my friends again."
She continued, "I was alone, depressed and my dog saved my life. He was the reason why I got up in the morning. I would drink myself to oblivion. I would pray that maybe I'll have a heart attack, maybe I’ll die. I’d say crazy ass things to myself in my head thinking I just wish it would all end. Because I didn’t, I was in my head telling myself I was a coward for not trying to commit suicide again. I hated my life. I would look at my dog’s face and he didn’t understand what was going on. He’d just get closer and closer and look at me with concern. Then I’d look at that little face and I’d say ‘I don’t deserve you.'"
Top stories of the day
- The Dutch mystery: Man wanted is on temple run in Maharashtra
- Win Rs 10,000 if you find the truck that dumped this debris in south Mumbai
- Mumbai Crime: Man rapes teenage girl in Bandra, blackmails her with video
- Mumbai: Banned newspaper is still vendors' first choice for serving food
- Meet Vasai's traffic stoppers who are being the change they wish to see
- Mumbai Crime: Chain-snatchers' new modus ends at police station lock-up
- Mumbai: Chain-snatching cases drop but recovery still poor
- Thane Municipal Corporation unprepared for monsoon, says social activist
- Mumbai: Bad roads this year, too at Aarey Colony
- Mumbai on alert in wake of cyclone Vayu: Disaster Management Department
- For non-SSC students, internal marks won't count
- Shiv Sena, BJP start bickering over CM's post, seat-sharing
- Ujjwala Raut: Here's what the 41 year old supermodel of the 90s is doing now
- Worst crimes: These monstrous mothers murdered their children!
- Amruta Fadnavis wows with her soulful performance in Los Angeles
- These famous schools, colleges are also popular for Bollywood shoots
- Narendra Modi shares a hearty laugh with Sri Lanka President
- Bollywood celebs you probably don't know are related
- Do you know Tamannaah Bhatia made her Bollywood debut at age 15?
- When Shahid Kapoor went out of his way to help his on-screen sister-in-law
- Saif Ali Khan feels bad when he reaches home and finds Taimur asleep
- Here's how Shahid Kapoor transformed for Kabir Singh
- Malaika Arora and Tara Sutaria's Bandra outing is all things casual
- World Cup 2019: Team India watch Salman Khan's new movie Bharat
- World Cup 2019: Warm-up win vs India doesn't mean Kiwis are are hot!
- World Cup 2019: Steve Waugh compares Hardik Pandya with Lance Klusener
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
World Cup 2019: Cricket was born at this club in London!