MIM corporator booked for raping and blackmailing 27-year-old woman
The incident came to light on Sunday, after the 27-year-old victim lodged a First Information Report (FIR) with Chakan police against Matin, his brother and his brother-in-law
In a shocking incident, an Aurangabad-based MIM political party corporator Matin Rashid Sayyed has been booked by the Pimpri Chinchwad police for allegedly sexually abusing and raping a woman corporator.
The incident came to light on Sunday, after the 27-year-old victim lodged a First Information Report (FIR) with Chakan police against Matin, his brother and his brother-in-law. The incident took place between November 26, 2018, to February 24, this year.
Also Read: Sion Hospital rape: He threatened to strangle me to death, says victim
Senior Inspector Sunil Pawar of Chakan police station said, "The victim is a corporator and she approached us on Sunday following which we registered the case. The suspect is a corporator from the MIM party, identified as Matin Rashid Sayyed. The suspect is currently suspended from the MIM party and is in prison. The victim claims that he along with his brother, Mohsin and brother-in-law, Hamid Siddiqui sexually abused her for the past two months. Based on which we have registered a case under the relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code outraging modesty of a woman (354), rape (376) and act done by them with common intention (34).”
He added, "Both the suspects and victim are corporators and knew each other. The suspect brought her to Khandala. Holding her at gun point, he manhandled her and raped her. When she tried to fend him off, he threatened to blackmail her and gave her some sedatives. Later, Matin's brother and brother-in-law too molested and manhandled the victim. Matin is already in prison pertaining to another case in Aurangabad and we have approached the court seeking his custody in our case."
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai police probe Aditya Pancholi for 'assault and exploitation'
- Sion Hospital rape: He threatened to strangle me to death, says victim
- Video of sickle brandishing 'dada' lands him in jail in Wakad
- Mumbai: Toy gun breaks off as caretaker tries to rob Malad businessmen
- Five years on, Mumbai University continues to use old, shabby library
- Mumbai recalls 'fine gentleman' Nazir Hoosein behind Liberty Cinema
- Carrom player accident: Dombivli residents want working traffic lights, dedicated cops
- Forced to leave Mumbai, Pandey now struggles as a tea-seller in Kashi
- New BMC chief Pravin Pardeshi brings engineers back from leave
- Mumbai: Charkop citizens protest BMC's tree 'trimming'
- Witness statements don't support Tanushree Dutta's sexual harassment story, says Mumbai cops
- Sleepless on SV Road: Mumbai Metro 2B din ruins nights of Santacruz residents
- Skymet: Below normal rainfall expected in monsoon, 15 per cent chance of drought
- Mumbai Crime: Nigerian duo arrested for stealing money from ATMs
- Body of unidentified woman found at Juhu Chowpatty
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Amrita Rao and Environmentalist Chinu Kwatra collect broken Ganesha idols