Prabhudheva and Tamannaah Bhatia-starrer Khamoshi to now release on June 14
Prabhudheva and Tamannaah Bhatia push the release of Khamoshi to June 14 to avoid clashing with their South offering Devi 2
A week away from their original release date, the makers of Prabhudheva and Tamannaah-starrer Khamoshi have had a change of heart. The spook fest, which was to hit screens on May 31, has now been pushed to June 15.
The decision stems from the makers' desire to avoid a clash with the South film, Devi 2, which incidentally also features the two actors. Confirming the development, co-producer Saurabh Mishra says, "It was a collective decision by Prabhudheva, Tamannaah and the distribution team to move the film ahead."
The Chakri Toleti-directed thriller sees Tamannaah as a deaf and mute protagonist to Prabhudheva's antagonist. With the latest turn of events, the movie finds itself hitting theatres only 10 days after Salman Khan's magnum opus Bharat. Ask Mishra if Bharat might affect the business, and he says, "We're confident about our project. Also, the delay will give the actors enough time for promotions."
Top Entertainment Stories of the day:
- 36 years on, Team India meets West Indies for '83 biopic
- Watch video: How Sonam Kapoor got her gorgeous golden Cannes 2019 look
- Disha Patani shares a video in slow motion twirling all the way for her fans!
- Nora Fatehi on working with Salman Khan in Bharat: More to me than dance
- Vivek Oberoi gets police protection, after receiving death threats
- Dimple Kapadia set to feature in Christopher Nolan's Tenet
- Amitabh Bachchan spontaneously added Marathi dialogues, says producer Akshay Bardapurkar
- Karisma Kapoor: My digital debut Mentalhood shares various emotions of being a mom
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Kiara Advani, Tara Sutaria, Shahid Kapoor's Day Out In the City!