Sushmita Sen clocks 25 years as India's first Miss Universe
Sushmita Sen who made India proud 25 years ago by becoming the first Indian woman ever to win the Miss Universe crown, took a trip down memory lane on social media on Tuesday
Actress Sushmita Sen, who made India proud 25 years ago by becoming the first Indian woman ever to win the Miss Universe crown, took a trip down memory lane on social media on Tuesday. Sushmita was crowned Miss Universe on May 21, 1991 in Philippines. She was showered with love and congratulatory wishes by fans and loved ones including her boyfriend Roman Shawl.
Roman posted a photograph of Sushmita's winning moment and captioned it: "Twenty five years of winning the universe."
Sushmita thanked her fans by re-posting their messages on social media.
After winning the Miss Universe title at the age of 18, Sushmita made her foray into acting. She made her Bollywood debut with the 1996 film "Dastak" and later featured in movies like "Sirf Tum", "Biwi No. 1" and "Main Hoo Na".
Sushmita is also a single parent of two adopted daughters Renee and Alisah.
Talking about her journey as a star and mother, Sushmita had earlier told IANS: "It has its own difficulties to fight for who you are. It's not an easy job, but you keep doing it for 25 years and it becomes a habit. And you are just accepted after that."
Top entertainment stories of the day:
- Vivek Oberoi defends Aishwarya Rai-exit poll meme: What has Sonam Kapoor done for women empowerment?
- Cannes 2019: Sonam Kapoor flaunts her curvaceous side at the gala
- Cannes 2019: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan stuns at the red carpet in white gown
- Vivek Oberoi on Modi biopic: The Election Commission's decision stemmed from fear
- Laxmmi Bomb director Raghava: I have no issues with Akshay Kumar
- De De Pyaar De Box Office: Despite slow start, the film to break even by the end of its first week
- Diana Penty on her Cannes 2019 outing: Hadn't chosen my outfit till the last day
- Sanjay Kapoor congratulates daughter Shanaya on entering the B-town
- Television actors are as good as film actors, urge telly stars
- Here's why Namik Paul backed out of Kasautii Zindagii Kay
- Here's why Asha Negi is sceptical about working with boyfriend Rithvik Dhanjani
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Mallika Sherawat makes her entry into web series as a sexy bhootni with Tusshar Kapoor