It's a wrap for Rajkummar Rao and Mouni Roy's Made In China
Made in China is directed by Mikhil Musale and produced by Dinesh Vijan. The film will feature Rajkummar Rao as a struggling Gujarati businessman and Mouni Roy as his feisty wife
Rajkummar Rao and Mouni Roy have wrapped up shooting for their upcoming comedy film Made in China. The Gold actress recently took to Instagram, where she shared a few pictures from the film's wrap up party. The two actors can be seen cutting a cake which has "Film wrap Made in China" written on it.
Mouni captioned the image: "Oh what a trip! 'Made in China'"
View this post on Instagram
Made in China is directed by Mikhil Musale and produced by Dinesh Vijan under the banner of Maddock Films. The film features Rajkummar as a struggling Gujarati businessman and Mouni as his feisty wife.
It will mark the Bollywood debut of Gujarati director Mikhil Musale, whose 2016 thriller-drama Wrong Side Raju bagged the National Award for Best Feature Film in Gujarati. The film also stars Boman Irani and is slated to release on August 30.
Rajkummar, who is riding high on the success of Stree, was also a part of the Anil Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor Ahuja-starrer Ek Ladki Ko Dekha To Aisa Laga, which hit theatres on February 1. Also, a sequel to the Rajkummar Rao and Shraddha Kapoor-starrer horror comedy Stree is likely to go on floors next year with the same cast. Stree, also featuring Pankaj Tripathi and Aparshakti Khurana, was one of the most commercially successful and critically-acclaimed films of 2018.
A source close to the project said the sequel is currently in the scripting stage. "It will happen next year. We are working on the script. There are few ideas for Stree 2. The expectations are high on Stree 2, so the team wants to give their best shot as we are not in a hurry to make it," the source said." Mouni Roy will be seen in Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt and Amitabh Bachchan-starrer Brahmastra.
Top entertainment stories of the day:
- Vivek Oberoi defends Aishwarya Rai-exit poll meme: What has Sonam Kapoor done for women empowerment?
- Cannes 2019: Sonam Kapoor flaunts her curvaceous side at the gala
- Cannes 2019: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan stuns at the red carpet in white gown
- Vivek Oberoi on Modi biopic: The Election Commission's decision stemmed from fear
- Laxmmi Bomb director Raghava: I have no issues with Akshay Kumar
- De De Pyaar De Box Office: Despite slow start, the film to break even by the end of its first week
- Diana Penty on her Cannes 2019 outing: Hadn't chosen my outfit till the last day
- Sanjay Kapoor congratulates daughter Shanaya on entering the B-town
- Television actors are as good as film actors, urge telly stars
- Here's why Namik Paul backed out of Kasautii Zindagii Kay
- Here's why Asha Negi is sceptical about working with boyfriend Rithvik Dhanjani
Edited by mid-day online desk with inputs from IANS
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Kiara Advani, Tara Sutaria, Shahid Kapoor's Day Out In the City!