Mumbai Crime: Angry after his wedding is called off, man stabs aunt in Andheri, held
Susheel Yadav on April 7, stabbed his aunt Anita in the abdomen while she was out shopping in Andheri East. He also stabbed delivery executive Ravi Yadav, who came to Anita's rescue
The city police have arrested a 26-year-old history-sheeter, who allegedly stabbed his aunt and a pizza delivery executive in broad daylight before fleeing the city, from south Delhi.
The cops made the arrest last week and booked him under Section 307 (attempt to murder) of the Indian Penal Code. Susheel Yadav had, on April 7, stabbed his aunt Anita in the abdomen while she was out shopping in Andheri East. He also stabbed delivery executive Ravi Yadav, 26, who came to Anita's rescue. Susheel then fled the scene brandishing the blood-stained knife. The victims were taken to a trauma centre in Jogeshwari.
Susheel's parents had arranged his marriage but the woman's side broke off the engagement, the police said. Susheel, a graduate who worked odd jobs, blamed his parents and relatives for the rejection from the bride's side, the police added.
"He fled to Delhi after committing the crime. He would often call his relatives from PCO booths demanding money. He had also threatened to kill them," said an officer.
Dnyanesh Murlidhar Devde, divisional ACP at Jogeshwari police station, sent two teams of police officers including PSI Anil Hadal to Delhi after getting details of a PCO booth.
"Based on the information about the location, we approached the cops at Keshav Puram police station. During a search, we spotted Susheel at a dhaba near a factory where he had taken up work. After a struggle of nearly 15 minutes, we arrested him," the officer said.
The police said they had to blindfold Susheel and tie him up as he was screaming on the way back to Mumbai. During the interrogation, the police learnt that Susheel had earlier stabbed a GRP official and a case was registered against him at Borivali railway police station under IPC Section 307 (attempt to murder).
Susheel, who hails from Ghazipur district of Uttar Pradesh, had fled his hometown after assaulting his father with a stone while he was sleeping in March. The father did not register a complaint against him.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- TV actor claims cops brutally thrashed him and minor brother all night
- Man creates fake 'sex chat' profiles after losing housing society poll
- Angry after his wedding is called off, man stabs aunt in Andheri, held
- Mumbai Crime: Private firm's housekeeper films co-worker changing, held
- Water supply: Down to 13 percent, Mumbai is running on reserve
- Mumbai Crime: Senior citizen thrashed for feeding strays in Andheri
- Tanushree Dutta's lawyer: Cops speaking to those who know nothing
- Forest department asked to probe snake rescuer's death in Sewri
- Denied permission to protest, those against reservation cry foul
- Dhule woman's death: State orders probe
- Borewells at Cross Maidan become latest Mumbai Metro victims
- Nishtha Dudeja: The Haryana girl who won Miss Deaf Asia 2018 crown
- Aarohi Pandit: Mumbai girl is world's first to cross Atlantic Ocean
- These photos of politicians working out will give you fitness goals!
- The king is dead, long live the mantri
- mid day editorial: A warning for those who fight for justice
- Internet legend Grumpy Cat passes away
- Grumpy Cat passes away: Twitter mourns death of internet's favourite cat
Catch up on all the latest Mumbai news, crime news, current affairs, and also a complete guide on Mumbai from food to things to do and events across the city here. Also download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps to get latest updates
Mumbai Crime: Man kills model after sex, stuffs body in suitcase