Mumbai: Double decker bus crashes into overhead railing in Santacruz; no casualties reported
The double-decker bus which was already defected was on its way to Kurla depot for repairs when it met with the tragic accident
On May 9, 2019, in a tragic accident, a double-decker bus crashed into an overhead railing bringing traffic in Santacruz on its knees. The double-decker bus which belongs to BEST was on its way to Kurla bus depot from Marol bus depot. The bus took Vakola Bridge Service Road to move towards Kurla bus depot when the tragic incident took place.
The double-decker defected bus was on its way to the Kurla bus depot for repairs when it crashed into the overhead Gantry Bar near the starting point of Vakola Bridge. The impact was such that it left huge damage on the upper deck of the bus and damaged three front seats of the upper deck.
According to the BRC officer, "No injury has been reported so far."
The mechanic driver has been arrested in this case. https://t.co/uTfhJXcIAk— Rajendra B. Aklekar (@rajtoday) May 9, 2019
According to the latest updates, the mechanic driver has been arrested in this case.
Top stories of the day
- Death by Garbage: Man dies under weight of waste in Kurla
- Video: Minor boys perform death-defying stunt on Mumbai local train
- Mumbai: CSMT's hi-tech indicators make commuters unhappy
- Mumbai Crime: 55-year old doctor rapes model in Versova; arrested
- Visually challenged Mumbai boy 95 percent in ICSE
- Banned stapler pins on your tea bags? FDA is waiting for your complaint
- Talaq, not qubool, says Bhiwandi woman to husband
- Four cars catch fire in two days on Mumbai-Pune Expressway
- Mumbai: Drop in road accident deaths in city, suburbs
- Mumbai: Relief for flat owner who owes society dues of Rs 4.91 lakh
- 42 cats, dogs rescued from 'unhygienic' Virar flat
- Kumbh pe kharcha and other matters in polls pe charcha
- S K Patil Udyan in south Mumbai opens after eight months
- 'Joblessness is the real terrorism'
- Researchers at IITB develop first ever microprocessor, major boon for India's electronics
- Twitterati reacts to Narendra Modi's comment on Gandhi family using INS Viraat as personal taxi
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe