Four cars catch fire in two days on Mumbai-Pune Expressway
Pune Regional Transport officer says fire likely by combination of causes such as human error, mechanical causes, fuel issues and chemical causes, which all worked together to create a dangerous situation
Four cars have caught fire on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway in the span of two days, with the fourth catching fire on Wednesday. Police said the cause of the fire was a short circuit. No one was hurt in the incident as the trio inside the car jumped out as soon as it caught fire.
The trio who was headed to Mumbai from Pune around 8 am when the incident took place. The IRB official arrived on the scene and doused the fire. Two days ago, a car of a reputable brand that was being tested, caught fire. In this incident, too, no one was hurt. Superintendent of State Highway Vijay Chavan said, "This is the fourth incident in two days. We are probing. Most of them were found using the AC while driving and had caught because of a short circuit."
Pune Regional Transport Officer Sanjay Raut said, "There's rarely a single cause for any car fire. It's more likely that there was a combination of causes such as human error, mechanical causes, fuel issues and chemical causes, and they all worked together to create a dangerous situation. Fuel connection or leakage need to be checked."
Stories of the day
- Death by Garbage: Man dies under weight of waste in Kurla
- Video: Minor boys perform death-defying stunt on Mumbai local train
- Mumbai: CSMT's hi-tech indicators make commuters unhappy
- Mumbai Crime: 55-year old doctor rapes model in Versova; arrested
- Visually challenged Mumbai boy 95 percent in ICSE
- Banned stapler pins on your tea bags? FDA is waiting for your complaint
- Talaq, not qubool, says Bhiwandi woman to husband
- Four cars catch fire in two days on Mumbai-Pune Expressway
- Mumbai: Drop in road accident deaths in city, suburbs
- Mumbai: Relief for flat owner who owes society dues of Rs 4.91 lakh
- 42 cats, dogs rescued from 'unhygienic' Virar flat
- Kumbh pe kharcha and other matters in polls pe charcha
- S K Patil Udyan in south Mumbai opens after eight months
- 'Joblessness is the real terrorism'
- Researchers at IITB develop first ever microprocessor, major boon for India's electronics
- Twitterati reacts to Narendra Modi's comment on Gandhi family using INS Viraat as personal taxi
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Moving car catches fire on Mumbai-Pune expressway