Talaq, not qubool, says Bhiwandi woman to husband
The woman, with a four-year-old son, though shocked at her husband's sudden message, has decided to fight it out. Nadim Shaikh and Aarzu Shaikh got married in 2014 by choice
Despite triple talaq being criminalised by the apex court last December, a Bhiwandi-based woman received a WhatsApp message from her husband declaring talaq. The police are yet to register an FIR in the matter.
The woman, with a four-year-old son, though shocked at her husband's sudden message, has decided to fight it out. Nadim Shaikh and Aarzu Shaikh got married in 2014 by choice.
"We were happy together for a year but he soon began beating me. He would often return home drunk and beat me. He even began staying out for two-three days at a stretch of late," said Aarzu, adding that her husband, an engineer, hadn't come home for a month now and "has sent me this talaq message."
"The Bhoiwada police have taken down my written statement," she added. "It is a family matter and we will thus send a notice to her husband and try to first save their marriage through our domestic cell," an officer of the Bhoiwada police station said.
Top stories of the day
- Death by Garbage: Man dies under weight of waste in Kurla
- Video: Minor boys perform death-defying stunt on Mumbai local train
- Mumbai: CSMT's hi-tech indicators make commuters unhappy
- Mumbai Crime: 55-year old doctor rapes model in Versova; arrested
- Visually challenged Mumbai boy 95 percent in ICSE
- Banned stapler pins on your tea bags? FDA is waiting for your complaint
- Talaq, not qubool, says Bhiwandi woman to husband
- Four cars catch fire in two days on Mumbai-Pune Expressway
- Mumbai: Drop in road accident deaths in city, suburbs
- Mumbai: Relief for flat owner who owes society dues of Rs 4.91 lakh
- 42 cats, dogs rescued from 'unhygienic' Virar flat
- Kumbh pe kharcha and other matters in polls pe charcha
- S K Patil Udyan in south Mumbai opens after eight months
- 'Joblessness is the real terrorism'
- Researchers at IITB develop first ever microprocessor, major boon for India's electronics
- Twitterati reacts to Narendra Modi's comment on Gandhi family using INS Viraat as personal taxi
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe