Robber accidentally drops Rs 1.5 crore on road while escaping cops
The robber was spotted carrying three bags full of cash by the police officer and while trying to flee the crime scene, the clumsy burglar accidentally dropped one of the bags of money which had money worth Rs 1.5 crore
In a shocking incident, a robber being hunted by cops decided to abandon around to Rs 1.56 crore in the middle of a street and fled the spot. This incident took place on May 27 when the Kottapuram Police Station’s police personnel decided to give the suspicious person a run for his money. After stealing around Rs 1.5 crore from a residence located in Anna Salai, the robber was spotted carrying three bags full of cash around 2.30 am by police personnel on night patrol. While trying to flee the crime scene, the clumsy burglar accidentally dropped one of the bags which led to suspicion.
The chase which lasted for almost 10 minutes and the burglar dumped the other two bags on the road and fled the spot. According to India Times, patrolling officers found the bags and recovered Rs 1,56,61,560. A complaint has been registered in the Saidapet Police Station on Tuesday morning. Bengaluru Police later discovered that the money stolen was from the residence of M Balasubramanian, a businessman. The investigation is still underway.
In another incident, the police have registered a case against the branch manager of the City Co-Operative Bank Ltd, Dahisar after an inspector accused him of misplacing the jewellery he mortgaged for a Rs 4 lakh loan. In his complaint filed on Saturday, 47-year-old Pramod Tawde said the jewellery was worth Rs 12 lakh.
According to the complaint filed at the MHB police station in Borivli, Tawde mortgaged his wife's ornaments against a loan on December 21, 2017. On March 26 this year, he went to the bank to pay his monthly installment when branch manager Santosh Neurkar informed him his jewellery was missing from the bank's safe, said the police.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: Dr Payal Tadvi thought of suicide in November
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: Bruises on Dr Payal Tadvi's back point to murder, says lawyer
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: How were three accused first to find Dr Payal Tadvi's body, ask cops
- Mumbai doctor suicide: What we know so far about Dr Payal Tadvi's death
- Twitter user trolls IRCTC for vulgar ads on app; their epic reply will leave you in splits
- Twitterati celebrate Narendra Modi's swearing-in ceremony
- Granddaughter takes 97-year-old woman for first prom; internet in tears
- See Photos: Large rat snake pops out of shopping cart; supermarket employee gets shock of his life
- Mumbai: Doctor in the dock for burning woman's face in Dahisar
- Mumbai: Jewellery goes missing from City Co-Op Bank's safe in Dahisar
- Check CCTV footage, says accused Lemon Salon hairstylist
- SGNP's star Yash who died of cancer was adopted by Aaditya Thackeray
- Mumbai: BMC chief finds way to fix Hindmata issue
- Will Maharashtra grab all its berths in Modi Cabinet?
- 'The Coastal Road is not only about South Mumbai'
- Explosion of CNG tank led to BEST bus fire near Gokhuldham market, Goregaon
- CSMT bridge collapse: Cops still await BMC sanction to file charge sheet against civic officials
- Amruta Fadnavis brings the house down with rocking performance in USA
- These photos of Narendra Modi will give you major travel goals!
- Love again! These famous people got married more than once
- Differently abled delivery man gets new E-vehicle, Twitter celebrates
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Bigg Boss fame Ajaz Khan arrested for sharing controversial TikTok video