Check out things women need to consider while going on a solo trip
Travelling solo can be one of your best experiences. It is the best way to travel on your own terms and indulge yourself completely. Of course, single travel has its perils too. But a little preparation can make your travel much easier. Seema Bhide co-founder of Countryside Adventure Holidays lists out things women need to consider while going on a solo trip.
Do your homework
A solo trip should be based on good research and understanding of the place. Get to know beforehand about its culture, places to visit, physical challenges you might encounter, documents required, hotel bookings, trip cost, etc. Prepare for the trip mentally, as that is the key.
Be smart with packing
Carry only the essentials. Pack clothing that are multi-purpose. Always have important supplies at hand to minimise your luggage and allow for easier transportation. Traveling with a heavy bag is uncomfortable, especially if you have to walk for long hours.
Choose a familiar trail
On your first solo trip, you don't want to be completely unaware of things around you. So carry guidebooks, which include maps, keywords or phrases that give you enough details about the destination. Plan your itinerary and holiday accordingly.
If it is an unknown place, it is not safe to wander on your own. Hence, stick together and always keep your travel mates informed if you are setting off anywhere on your own. Keep your family and friends always informed about your travel plans and stay in touch whenever you can. Share your itinerary with them and plan in advance. You never know what might go wrong outdoors even
after having taken a lot of care.
Pack your daily medicines as they won't be accessible in remote areas. Keep your first aid kit handy for emergencies.
Respect local culture
Do not photograph locals without permission. It is important to follow the dress code and rules and
regulations to avoid getting into trouble. Solo trips are best when you are well prepared and safety is not compromised. It just takes a few careful ideas to design a safe trip.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: Did the accused remove her suicide note, ask family
- Nair Hospital's first-year PG student: Worked 24 hours... six more hours to go
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: All 3 accused arrested, likely to be produced in court today
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: Make central anti-ragging law more stringent, says state
- Mumbai Crime: 46-year-old rape accused who fled from hospital arrested in Gujarat
- Mumbai: New animal rescue centre at Shilphata to ease SGNP's load
- Aditya Pancholi case: Even after repeated reminders, actress yet to record statement
- With SC order, BMC can finally demolish hutments at Tansa
- Filmy terrorists infiltrate Vasai, nabbed by alert former BSF jawan
- Maharashtra HSC results 2019: Mumbai pass percentage drops by four points
- Nalasopara's corporator Arun Jadhav wanted in forgery case arrested
- 4-year-old girl raped during parent-teacher meet at school
- Divya Spandana: From South actress to Rahul Gandhi's social media guru
- Mumbai gyms where Bollywood stars go to get a toned and fab body
- The village no woman wants to get married into!
- India's first Four-Wheeler Auto Rickshaw Comes to Mumbai
Catch up on all the latest Crime, National, International and Hatke news here. Also download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps to get latest updates