Caught! Traffic law keeper turns traffic violator in Navi Mumbai
Person working for the traffic department in Navi Mumbai was riding two-wheeler that did not have a number plates either on the front or rear side of the vehicle
In what can be termed as a classic case of law enforcers violating the law, a person working with the Navi Mumbai traffic department was caught breaking the law.
The offender in question was unlocking the wheel clamps of cars sealed by the traffic cops on account of illegal parking, but what was surprising was that he was seen riding a two-wheeler that did not have a number plate either on the front or rear side of the vehicle.
The Navi Mumbai traffic police use wheel clamps to lock vehicles that are illegally parked on roads. The vehicles which are usually parked on the wrong side that is when there are no odd-even board existing on that particular stretch or parked on a no-parking zone are pulled up for traffic violations.
A mid-day reader noticed this person on the illegal two-wheeler and questioned the rider about how he could violate traffic rules by riding a bike without a number plate. However, the rider who said he worked with the traffic department promptly replied that enquiry should be made at the traffic booth about the issue. He said, “Speak to the traffic police in the chowkie” regarding the incident.
Also Read: Man held for killing transgender in Thane
Top stories of the day
- The Dutch mystery: Man wanted is on temple run in Maharashtra
- Win Rs 10,000 if you find the truck that dumped this debris in south Mumbai
- Mumbai Crime: Man rapes teenage girl in Bandra, blackmails her with video
- Mumbai: Banned newspaper is still vendors' first choice for serving food
- Meet Vasai's traffic stoppers who are being the change they wish to see
- Mumbai Crime: Chain-snatchers' new modus ends at police station lock-up
- Mumbai: Chain-snatching cases drop but recovery still poor
- Thane Municipal Corporation unprepared for monsoon, says social activist
- Mumbai: Bad roads this year, too at Aarey Colony
- Mumbai on alert in wake of cyclone Vayu: Disaster Management Department
- For non-SSC students, internal marks won't count
- Shiv Sena, BJP start bickering over CM's post, seat-sharing
- Ujjwala Raut: Here's what the 41 year old supermodel of the 90s is doing now
- Worst crimes: These monstrous mothers murdered their children!
- Amruta Fadnavis wows with her soulful performance in Los Angeles
- These famous schools, colleges are also popular for Bollywood shoots
- Narendra Modi shares a hearty laugh with Sri Lanka President
- Bollywood celebs you probably don't know are related
- Do you know Tamannaah Bhatia made her Bollywood debut at age 15?
- When Shahid Kapoor went out of his way to help his on-screen sister-in-law
- Saif Ali Khan feels bad when he reaches home and finds Taimur asleep
- Here's how Shahid Kapoor transformed for Kabir Singh
- Malaika Arora and Tara Sutaria's Bandra outing is all things casual
- World Cup 2019: Team India watch Salman Khan's new movie Bharat
- World Cup 2019: Warm-up win vs India doesn't mean Kiwis are are hot!
- World Cup 2019: Steve Waugh compares Hardik Pandya with Lance Klusener
Water activist Amla Ruia speaks to mid-day