Doctors forget cotton pad inside woman's private parts at Kalwa hospital
Woman, who was in pain, realised something was stuck inside her private part only after 20 days
In a botched delivery, doctors at civic-run Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Hospital in Kalwa allegedly forgot a piece of cotton inside a woman's vagina. She came back eight days later complaining of pain, however, the doctors allegedly said it was normal and sent her home without a check-up.
Nisha Rajbhar, 20, underwent a normal delivery at the hospital on April 25. As she was bleeding during too much childbirth, the doctors used cotton and sanitary napkins to stop it. However, they allegedly forgot to completely remove the cotton and sanitary napkin before stitching up the vagina, said husband Suraj Rajbhar.
"After 20 days of delivery, she felt a cotton part near her vagina and asked her mother to check what it was. Her mother found the piece of cotton and tried to remove it but stopped as Nisha was in pain. We immediately visited a private doctor, who said the cotton has caused infection in her vagina. He asked us to go to the doctor who oversaw the delivery" said Suraj.
Nisha was admitted to the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Hospital on Wednesday afternoon. Even after repeated attempts made, the dean of the Kalwa hospital Sandhya Khadse said, Thane MNS leader Samiksha Markande said, "When I got a call about it, I immediately rushed to see her. It is really sad that our doctors are behaving irresponsibly with poor patients. We took her to the hospital and asked the doctor to check her condition after which they admitted her." The Kalwa hospital dean, Sandhya Khadse, said, "I have left for the day, I cannot check with doctors now. I will get the details tomorrow."
Top news stories of the day
- Election Results 2019: The spectacular failure of Raj Thackeray
- Narendra Modi's incredible journey: From a tea seller to powerful PM
- Rare, candid photos of Amit Thackeray with family and friends
- Manmohan Singh, Bal Thackeray: Politicians whose lives have been turned into biopics
- Election results 2019: Mumbai North East chooses Manoj Kotak
- Elections Results 2019: Thank you voters, says Mumbai BJP
- Devendra Fadnavis, Uddhav Thackeray swear by 'unbreakable' alliance
- Election Results 2019: What next for Amit Shah?
- Mumbai: Fire breaks out in building at Bhendi Bazaar; 2 dead
- Election Results 2019: Victory thanks to senior party leaders, say workers
- Elections 2019: Sena-BJP managed to retain 41 out of 48 seats in Maharashtra
- Gajanan Kirtikar: We won because we fulfilled the promises we made in past 5 years
- Wayanad voted for a PM candidate, got MP instead, says social activist
- Elections Results 2019: How contesting film celebs are faring
- Election Results 2019: How Axis My India nailed the exit polls
Catch up on all the latest Mumbai news, crime news, current affairs, and also a complete guide on Mumbai from food to things to do and events across the city here. Also download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps to get latest updates
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Horrific! Stick inserted inside 3-year-old girl's private parts after being raped