Hema Malini spotted at Mumbai Airport, heads to Narendra Modi swearing-in ceremony
Hema Malini, who retained her Lok Sabha seat in Mathura by defeating RLD candidate Kunwar Narendra Singh was spotted at Mumbai airport on her way to Narendra Modi swearing-in ceremony
Hema Malini was spotted at the airport as she was heading to attend Prime Minister Narendra Modi's swearing-in ceremony in Delhi. In the political 'dangal' of the Lok Sabha elections 2019, a slew of film celebrities including Hema Malini, Sunny Deol, Kirron Kher, Manoj Tiwari, Anubhav Mohanty, Mimi Chakraborty and Nushrat Jahan emerged victorious.
Veteran actress Hema Malini, Bollywood's evergreen 'Dreamgirl', won from Mathura by 293,471 votes, defeating Narendra Singh of Rashtriya Lok Dal. Hema Malini, sitting MP and BJP candidate, retained her Lok Sabha seat in Mathura by defeating RLD candidate Kunwar Narendra Singh with a huge margin of 2,93,471 votes.
In a tweet, Hema Malini said: "Modiji and Amit Shahji are the architects of this stupendous win and it is the committed, tireless hard work of the wonderful karyakartas that has made all this possible. I personally thank all the BJP cadre and all the netas of Mathura who have worked so hard with me for my win."
Narendra Modi, who decimated the Opposition to lead his party BJP to a landslide win in the recent Lok Sabha election, has become the first prime minister in nearly 50 years to win a majority in consecutive polls. The 68-year-old stalwart leader is set to take oath as the Prime Minister of India for the second consecutive term today. President Ram Nath Kovind will administer the oath of office and secrecy at the function.
A multi-layered security arrangement will be in place in the city on Thursday, with deployment of around 10,000 security personnel from Delhi Police and paramilitary forces on account of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's swearing-in ceremony which will attended by foreign dignitaries and chief ministers and governors of several states among others.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: Dr Payal Tadvi thought of suicide in November
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: Bruises on Dr Payal Tadvi's back point to murder, says lawyer
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: How were three accused first to find Dr Payal Tadvi's body, ask cops
- Mumbai doctor suicide: What we know so far about Dr Payal Tadvi's death
- Twitter user trolls IRCTC for vulgar ads on app; their epic reply will leave you in splits
- Twitterati celebrate Narendra Modi's swearing-in ceremony
- Granddaughter takes 97-year-old woman for first prom; internet in tears
- See Photos: Large rat snake pops out of shopping cart; supermarket employee gets shock of his life
- Mumbai: Doctor in the dock for burning woman's face in Dahisar
- Mumbai: Jewellery goes missing from City Co-Op Bank's safe in Dahisar
- Check CCTV footage, says accused Lemon Salon hairstylist
- SGNP's star Yash who died of cancer was adopted by Aaditya Thackeray
- Mumbai: BMC chief finds way to fix Hindmata issue
- Will Maharashtra grab all its berths in Modi Cabinet?
- 'The Coastal Road is not only about South Mumbai'
- Explosion of CNG tank led to BEST bus fire near Gokhuldham market, Goregaon
- CSMT bridge collapse: Cops still await BMC sanction to file charge sheet against civic officials
- Amruta Fadnavis brings the house down with rocking performance in USA
- These photos of Narendra Modi will give you major travel goals!
- Love again! These famous people got married more than once
- Differently abled delivery man gets new E-vehicle, Twitter celebrates
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Narendra Modi swearing-in ceremony details