Mumbai Crime: Husband kills wife after she opposes to his drinking
According to an officer, due to her intervention in his drinking, since the past 6 months, the couple would often have fights and he would end up beating her
A 28-year-old resident from Sion was recently arrested for allegedly killing his wife. The arrested accused is identified as Sanjay Kumar Padihari. The accused's wife was a 20-year-old woman identified as Suman. The deceased had a major issue with her husband's drinking problem and would often request him to refrain from the addiction.
According to an officer, due to her intervention in his drinking, since the past 6 months, the couple would often have fights and he would end up beating her. On May 21, 2019, The Wadala TT police received information that a woman fell unconscious after a fight with her husband and she was then rushed to a hospital where she was declared dead.
According to the police, after he brutally injured his wife, the accused Sanjay slit his hand and he too was rushed to a hospital. An officer said that they had initially registered an Accidental Death Record (ADR) and were awaiting the post mortem report. In the report, the doctor informed the police that the cause of death was 'Shock due to cranio cerebral injury following hard and blunt impact (unnatural)'.
Following this, the police registered a case against the accused under sections 302, 498 (A), 309 of the Indian Penal Code and he was produced before the court where he was remanded in police custody.
Top News stories of the day
- Mumbai: Derailment at Kurla disrupts Central Railway train services
- Mumbai crime: Popular salon stylist groped me, says actress
- Mumbai: Behind PG medico's suicide, constant barbs in WhatsApp groups
- Blood banks that don't update stock status will lose licence
- Mumbai: 50-year-old critically injured in Jogeshwari gas explosion dies
- Narendra Modi visits mother Heeraben in Gandhinagar, seeks blessings
- Mumbai crime: FIR registered in Anurag Kashyap's tweet plaint
- Mumbai: Vikhroli Metro station to tower over EEH, JVLR
- Narendra Dabholkar murder: 'Defence lawyer's clerk arrested from Thane'
- Super volatile all this while
- Mumbai: Civic body to find out if parking under open spaces is possible
- Mumbai crime: Two fake cops trying to loot senior citizen arrested
- Mumbai: Western Railway's third AC local will roll out in December
- Daawat to dine
- A Himalayan feast
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Mumbai Crime: Man kills model after sex, stuffs body in suitcase