Pema Khandu sworn-in as Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister on May 29
Khandu along with 11 other cabinet ministers were administered the oath of office and secrecy by Governor Brigadier (retd) B.D Mishra
Itanagar (Arunachal Pradesh): BJP leader Pema Khandu was sworn-in as the Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh on Wednesday.
Khandu along with 11 other cabinet ministers were administered the oath of office and secrecy by Governor Brigadier (retd) B.D Mishra.
Later Khandu tweeted, "Took oath as Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh today at a swearing-in ceremony administered by Hon'ble Governor of Arunachal Brig Dr BD Mishra Ji (retd) along with 11 other Ministers sworn in. Humbly I accept the role of 'Mukhya Sevak' with full responsibility."
Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulated Pema Khandu for being sworn-in as the Chief Minister of the state.
"Congratulations to the dynamic @PemaKhanduBJP on being sworn in as the CM of Arunachal Pradesh. Best wishes to him and his team in taking Arunachal Pradesh to newer heights of growth and glory. Looking forward to working together for the state's citizens, especially the youth," Modi said in a tweet.
Took oath as Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh today at a swearing-in ceremony administered by Hon'ble Governor of Arunachal Brig Dr BD Mishra Ji (retd) along with 11 other Ministers sworn in. Humbly I accept the role of 'Mukhya Sevak' with full responsibility. pic.twitter.com/OI8rWdNavt— Pema Khandu (@PemaKhanduBJP) May 29, 2019
The swearing-in ceremony was attended by Chief Ministers of Assam, Nagaland, Tripura, Manipur, and Meghalaya. Assam BJP leader Himanta Biswa Sarma also attended the ceremony.
BJP won 41 out of 60 Assembly seats in the elections which were held simultaneously with Lok Sabha polls.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: Did the accused remove her suicide note, ask family
- Nair Hospital's first-year PG student: Worked 24 hours... six more hours to go
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: All 3 accused arrested, likely to be produced in court today
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: Make central anti-ragging law more stringent, says state
- Mumbai Crime: 46-year-old rape accused who fled from hospital arrested in Gujarat
- Mumbai: New animal rescue centre at Shilphata to ease SGNP's load
- Aditya Pancholi case: Even after repeated reminders, actress yet to record statement
- With SC order, BMC can finally demolish hutments at Tansa
- Filmy terrorists infiltrate Vasai, nabbed by alert former BSF jawan
- Maharashtra HSC results 2019: Mumbai pass percentage drops by four points
- Nalasopara's corporator Arun Jadhav wanted in forgery case arrested
- 4-year-old girl raped during parent-teacher meet at school
- Divya Spandana: From South actress to Rahul Gandhi's social media guru
- Mumbai gyms where Bollywood stars go to get a toned and fab body
- The village no woman wants to get married into!
- India's first Four-Wheeler Auto Rickshaw Comes to Mumbai
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Amrita Rao and Environmentalist Chinu Kwatra collect broken Ganesha idols