Will Smith on how he added Bollywood touch to Aladdin
Directed by Ritchie, Aladdin stars Smith as the larger-than-life Genie, Mena Massoud as Aladdin, Naomi Scott as Jasmine and Marwan Kenzari as Jafar
Actor Will Smith is in love with the world of Bollywood and says he asked director Guy Ritchie to add a touch of it in forthcoming film Aladdin.
The actor, who has visited India several times for professional as well as personal reasons, said that he is eager to produce and work in a Bollywood project. "Aladdin is hot... you are going to love it! I was trying to do my best Bollywood version in this movie and there is a Prince Ali sequence in the film and I kept telling Guy Ritchie you got to go full Bollywood, you have to give them the full flavour," said Smith at a red carpet event in Tokyo.
Asked about whom would he like to collaborate next in Bollywood, he said, "I have been visiting India, meeting and hanging out. They need to present me something. I don't know what do we want to do, but we should start, we should produce it to together."
Disney's Aladdin is a thrilling and vibrant live-action adaptation of the loved animated classic movie. The animated version that had taken the world by storm in 1992 established a legendary status amongst fans, especially with its blockbuster music.
Directed by Ritchie, the live-action adaptation stars Smith as the larger-than-life Genie, Mena Massoud as Aladdin, Naomi Scott as Jasmine and Marwan Kenzari as Jafar. Aladdin will release in India on May 24 in English, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu.
Best of Cannes Film Festival 2019:
- Cannes 2019: Kangana Ranaut dazzles in white ensemble for a gala
- Cannes 2019: Priyanka Chopra takes Victorian look a notch higher as she walks with Nick Jonas
- Cannes 2019: Kangana Ranaut's latest gown is all sorts of dreamy
- Cannes 2019: Deepika Padukone shows off her radiant side in this bright couture
- Cannes 2019: Kashmera Shah makes debut with her directorial film
- Cannes 2019: 'Elegance ki moorat', 'Baby': Ranveer Singh praises Deepika Padukone's look
- Cannes 2019: Hina Khan stuns in a lavender gown at the soiree
- Cannes 2019: Huma Qureshi shimmers in a black Balmain blazer-dress
- Cannes 2019 photos: Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas set couple goals yet again!
- Cannes 2019 Photos: Kangana Ranaut's pictures on a yacht are ruling the internet
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Salman Khan at 53 is giving some incredible fitness goals