Woman on flight opens emergency exit door mistaking it for toilet
A woman passenger created panic and delayed a flight by several hours when she pushed open the emergency exit thinking it was the toilet door
While on a flight, things are pretty easy to navigate and you always have the cabin crew to always help when needed. Despite all this help, there are some passengers who manage to pull off the weirdest and random stunts, one such act was performed by a woman who mistook a flight's emergency exit for the toilet door.
A woman passenger onboard Pakistan International Airlines pushed open the emergency exit thinking it was the toilet door. Fortunately, this took place when the plane was on the runway, ready to take off. “The PIA flight, PK 702, from Manchester to Islamabad was delayed by seven hours. The departure was delayed when a passenger erroneously opened the emergency exit causing the emergency chute to activate,” a PIA spokesperson told the press. According to India Times, the passengers had to be offloaded from the plane with their luggage was removed too. They were given hotels to stay in, as the flight was delayed for seven hours. All because this woman couldn't read the exit sign.
In a similar incident, a GoAir passenger created a stir on a Delhi-Patna flight by trying to open the emergency door mid-air mistaking it for a toilet door. The passengers onboard claimed the man got up from his seat and went directly for the emergency exit. Some panicked passengers held him back before he could open it.
Top stories of the day
- Mumbai receives cyclonic rain before monsoon hits around June 15
- Mumbai: Esplanade holds key to heritage tag for whole precinct
- Mumbai Crime: Auto driver threatens to sever traffic cop's head, arrested in Khar
- Mumbai: NEET topper's face in ads of 3 different classes raises hackles
- Mumbai: Two die after auto crushed between dumper, private bus on EEH
- Mumbai: Chaos alert as BMC shuts old bridges in Juhu and Oshiwara
- Politicians to plant 9,000 trees for the 3,000 hacked over Metro 4 work
- Dr Ram Puniyani: To label me anti-Hindu is a carefully constructed prism'
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: Court proceedings in Dr Payal Tadvi's case to be recorded on video
- Mumbai Crime: IIT scholar who stalked woman for 5 years held in Bihar
- BMC chief Praveen Pardeshi: New zoo will help preserve Aarey better
- Sewri police arrest 'smart' thieves; discover plan to rob jewellery shops
- Mumbai: Two kids and five dogs electrocuted in first showers
- Nmami Agarwal: Celebrity nutritionist who has trained Manushi Chhillar
- Mumbai Rains: City welcomes first heavy showers of monsoon
- Masaba Gupta looks gorgeous in all-white ensemble
- Woman on flight opens emergency exit door mistaking it for toilet
- Tanuja on the road to recovery; Kajol shares a picture with mother
- Man stabbed to death by his friend over ludo game
- World Cup 2019: Anushka Sharma can't stop praising husband Virat Kohli's on-field gesture
- Yuvraj Singh receives a standing ovation from rumoured ex-girlfriend Kim Sharma on his retirement
- Yuvraj Singh: Cricket taught me to fight, fall, dust myself and get up
- World Cup 2019: ICC needs to take a serious look at the LED bails
- An era ends with Girish Karnad; last rites take place in Bengaluru
- Dino Morea and Shibani Dandekar spotted at an eatery in Bandra
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Kangana Ranaut, Rangoli Chandel receive summons from Andheri court