Mumbai Crime: Minor gagged, gangraped by three men in Cuff Parade
A 13-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by three men in Cuffe Parade area when she had stepped out of the house to throw garbage
A 13-year-old girl was allegedly gagged and gang-raped by three men in Cuffe Parade area, police said Wednesday. According to police, the incident took place around on Monday at 8 pm, when the girl had stepped out of the house to throw garbage. The three accused, all her neighbours, were allegedly stalking her and one of them pulled her inside his house and raped her.
A police officer stated, "After one of the accused gagged her and dragged her into his house, his two accomplices locked the room from inside and covered them with two bedsheets so that her cries for help could not be heard from outside." The police stated one of the accused raped the girl, while his accomplices sexually assaulted her. Following the incident, the three pushed the girl out of the house and escaped. "Till the time she could reach home and inform her family, the three had fled the scene," an officer investigating officer in the case said.
According to the Indian Express, the police have filed a case under IPC sections 376 (3) (commits rape of a woman under 16 years of age) and 376(D) (gangrape) and sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012. "The girl has suffered severe mental trauma and she took time to divulge details of the incident due to which the case was registered around 4 pm on Tuesday," stated an officer informing that they were trying to trace the three men.
Top stories of the day
- 'Our whole life destroyed, why should he live?'
- Mumbai: Andheri colony locals shudder at tree breaks
- Rain, wind make cladding around Gandhi mural fall on man, killing him
- Esplanade should be fixed, not demolished, say heritage committee
- Parts of Mumbai may face 10-15 percent water cut till June 14
- Mumbai police help disaster management gain traction on Twitter
- Maoists arrested in May 1 Gadchiroli attack case sent to police custody
- SGNP hosts firefly show despite environmentalists' red flag
- Cabinet expansion: Shiv Sena loyalists likely to miss ministerial berth
- 'Exclude marks given to SSC students for art, sports too'
- Uran graffiti man was in touch with terror suspects, say cops
- Man beheads nephew to 'appease deities' for bountiful harvest
- Rare photos of Mukesh Ambani with wife Nita, parents Dhirubhai and Kokilaben you should not miss!
- Pune police raid 83-year-old activist's Ranchi home
- Ola driver returning customer's wallet restores man's faith in humanity
- Aaditya Thackeray: The young Shiv Sena leader turns 29 today
- Aaditya Thackeray interacts with officials at BMC headquarters in SoBo
- Gujarat on alert as cyclonic storm Vayu moves towards coast
- Heavy showers and cyclone alert in Mumbai!
- Have you seen these fabulous pictures of Disha Patani?
- Bandra Diaries: Ananya Panday, Diana Penty, Krystle D'souza, Nidhhi Agerwal spotted
- Janhvi Kapoor, Mira Rajput, Kriti Sanon sweat it out at gym in Bandra
- Juhu Diaries: Sara Ali Khan and Kartik Aaryan look from the next film goes viral
- Shahid Kapoor reveals an intimate detail about his relationship with wife Mira
- Stuart Broad's Nottingham pub does not revolve around cricket
- World Cup 2019: India hope to manage injuries and weather against NZ
- Sania Mirza slams 'cringeworthy' TV ads hyping the Indo-Pak WC match
- Rishabh Pant got nod for WC because he is lefty, says Sanjay Bangar
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Vadodara divided over Bullet train project