World Blood Donor Day: Twitterati urge people to 'Donate blood, save lives'
On the occasion of World Blood Donor Day today, netizens took to the social networking site Twitter and requested people to go out and donate blood and, in the process, save lives. We gathered some reactions
On the occasion of World Blood Donor Day today, celebrities and netizens took to the social networking site Twitter and appealed to people to come out and donate blood in the process, save lives. Netizens requested people to register themselves as a blood donor and help in order to raise awareness of the universal need for safe blood in the delivery of health care and services.
Every year, June 14 is celebrated as World Blood Donor Day in order to raise awareness about blood donation, since its inception in 2005. The World Blood Donor Day event is one of eight global public health campaigns led by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and serves to "thank voluntary, unpaid blood donors for their life-saving gifts of blood."
Here's how netizens appealed to the citizens to donate blood and help in saving lives:
Have you done your good deed for the day? Today is #WorldBloodDonorDay! Donate some blood, you might just save a life â¤ï¸— Sonakshi Sinha (@sonakshisinha) June 14, 2019
#WorldBloodDonorDay— CRPF Madadgaar (@CRPFmadadgaar) June 14, 2019
Constable Koeshal Santra of @crpfindia volunteered to donate blood to Noora Kaul admitted in SKIMS for surgery.
-Sugna Jat undergoing treatment in KDA Hospital Mumbai for Liver cancer provided 2 Units O-ve Blood by @CRPFmadadgaar.#BloodMatters pic.twitter.com/zqxQDoVH1O
Give someone a gift of life, donate blood.#WorldBloodDonorDay— Disha Patani (@DishPatani) June 14, 2019
Before donating blood ð °ï¸ð ±ï¸ðð ¾ï¸, make sure you:— World Health Organization (WHO) (@WHO) June 14, 2019
- Drink enough water ð§
- Get enough rest ð
- Avoid smoking ð and drinking alcohol ð»
- Avoid heavy physical activity ðâðâ
- Eat enough food rich in iron and protein ð³https://t.co/AJGYqjyvDw #WorldBloodDonorDay pic.twitter.com/G4U1LjCcmj
Today is #WorldBloodDonorDay â£— Franz Lamplmair (@Arnopoulos1) June 14, 2019
ð¦¸âï¸ð¦¸âï¸ There is that one thing that definitely makes us heroes: giving blood!
Blood transfusions save millions of lives each year, both in emergency and non-emergency situations. https://t.co/1y1PWcJNMP
On #WorldBloodDonorDay , I appeal everyone to do our bit by donating blood at least once a year, which will help save lives and reduce the gap!— Devendra Fadnavis (@Dev_Fadnavis) June 14, 2019
Let us pledge for it !
Also use powerful tool of social media.
Use @facebook feature on blood donation! #DonateBlood#SafeBloodForAll pic.twitter.com/diPLojNbDX
Nobel Laureate Karl Landsteiner discovered and classified ABO human blood groups, which made safe blood transfusions possible. His discovery continues to save countless lives every day.#WorldBloodDonorDay pic.twitter.com/BLKYGlZr0K— The Nobel Prize (@NobelPrize) June 14, 2019
Blood donation saves lives ! On #WorldBloodDonorDay let's raise awareness for blood donation & ensure that the needy have timely & affordable access to safe and quality blood. Let’s all donate blood.— Dr Harsh Vardhan (@drharshvardhan) June 14, 2019
Be there for someone else !@MoHFW_INDIA @WHO @RedCrossIndia pic.twitter.com/9Wu38p8H1w
#BloodDonation is beneficial for both the recipient as well as the donor. After donating blood, the body works to replenish the blood loss, which stimulates the production of new blood cells & helps in maintaining good health.#WorldBloodDonorDay @PMOIndia @drharshvardhan pic.twitter.com/k1CtyYeGOB— Ministry of Health (@MoHFW_INDIA) June 14, 2019
This year's theme of "Safe Blood for all" strongly encourages people across the globe to become blood donors and donate blood regularly, in order to save many more lives.
Top stories of the day
- 'Our whole life destroyed, why should he live?'
- Mumbai: Andheri colony locals shudder at tree breaks
- Rain, wind make cladding around Gandhi mural fall on man, killing him
- Esplanade should be fixed, not demolished, say heritage committee
- Parts of Mumbai may face 10-15 percent water cut till June 14
- Mumbai police help disaster management gain traction on Twitter
- Maoists arrested in May 1 Gadchiroli attack case sent to police custody
- SGNP hosts firefly show despite environmentalists' red flag
- Cabinet expansion: Shiv Sena loyalists likely to miss ministerial berth
- 'Exclude marks given to SSC students for art, sports too'
- Uran graffiti man was in touch with terror suspects, say cops
- Man beheads nephew to 'appease deities' for bountiful harvest
- Rare photos of Mukesh Ambani with wife Nita, parents Dhirubhai and Kokilaben you should not miss!
- Pune police raid 83-year-old activist's Ranchi home
- Ola driver returning customer's wallet restores man's faith in humanity
- Aaditya Thackeray: The young Shiv Sena leader turns 29 today
- Aaditya Thackeray interacts with officials at BMC headquarters in SoBo
- Gujarat on alert as cyclonic storm Vayu moves towards coast
- Heavy showers and cyclone alert in Mumbai!
- Have you seen these fabulous pictures of Disha Patani?
- Bandra Diaries: Ananya Panday, Diana Penty, Krystle D'souza, Nidhhi Agerwal spotted
- Janhvi Kapoor, Mira Rajput, Kriti Sanon sweat it out at gym in Bandra
- Juhu Diaries: Sara Ali Khan and Kartik Aaryan look from the next film goes viral
- Shahid Kapoor reveals an intimate detail about his relationship with wife Mira
- Stuart Broad's Nottingham pub does not revolve around cricket
- World Cup 2019: India hope to manage injuries and weather against NZ
- Sania Mirza slams 'cringeworthy' TV ads hyping the Indo-Pak WC match
- Rishabh Pant got nod for WC because he is lefty, says Sanjay Bangar
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
World Ocean Day - This group is saving the Marine life of Mumbai