Girl with stomach ache finds out 100 bubble tea balls stuck in stomach
The girl was rushed to hospital after suffering from a bad appetite and constipation for five days and the CT scan revealed 100 "bubble tea" balls trapped in her stomach
A 14-year-old girl was hospitalised for severe constipation and stomach aches and a CT scan revealed 100 "bubble tea" balls trapped in her stomach which led to all her problems. The girl identified as Xiao Shen was rushed to hospital after suffering from a bad appetite and constipation for five days in China.
"The girl, who lived in Zhejiang province, complained of being constipated, not being able to eat, and was suffering from stomachaches. Her parents finally sent her to the hospital on May 28," stated Asia One report. Baffled doctors found "many unusual spherical shadows in her abdomen" which was revealed in the CT scan. These turned out to be around a hundred undigested tapioca pearls from bubble tea she had consumed.
Doctor Zhang Louzhen, who treated the girl, said it would take more than a cup of bubble tea for such a significant amount of pearls to have accumulated in the girl’s abdomen. Her intestines, stomach and rectum had been saturated with the bubble tea balls. The doctor suspected the tapioca balls inside the girl had been accumulating over a long period of time. He prescribed a laxative to help her pass the balls. The medic also stated tapioca starch could be hard to digest and the bubble tea shops might add artificial preservatives to these balls to improve the texture.
Top stories of the day
- 'Our whole life destroyed, why should he live?'
- Mumbai: Andheri colony locals shudder at tree breaks
- Rain, wind make cladding around Gandhi mural fall on man, killing him
- Esplanade should be fixed, not demolished, say heritage committee
- Parts of Mumbai may face 10-15 percent water cut till June 14
- Mumbai police help disaster management gain traction on Twitter
- Maoists arrested in May 1 Gadchiroli attack case sent to police custody
- SGNP hosts firefly show despite environmentalists' red flag
- Cabinet expansion: Shiv Sena loyalists likely to miss ministerial berth
- 'Exclude marks given to SSC students for art, sports too'
- Uran graffiti man was in touch with terror suspects, say cops
- Man beheads nephew to 'appease deities' for bountiful harvest
- Rare photos of Mukesh Ambani with wife Nita, parents Dhirubhai and Kokilaben you should not miss!
- Pune police raid 83-year-old activist's Ranchi home
- Ola driver returning customer's wallet restores man's faith in humanity
- Aaditya Thackeray: The young Shiv Sena leader turns 29 today
- Aaditya Thackeray interacts with officials at BMC headquarters in SoBo
- Gujarat on alert as cyclonic storm Vayu moves towards coast
- Heavy showers and cyclone alert in Mumbai!
- Have you seen these fabulous pictures of Disha Patani?
- Bandra Diaries: Ananya Panday, Diana Penty, Krystle D'souza, Nidhhi Agerwal spotted
- Janhvi Kapoor, Mira Rajput, Kriti Sanon sweat it out at gym in Bandra
- Juhu Diaries: Sara Ali Khan and Kartik Aaryan look from the next film goes viral
- Shahid Kapoor reveals an intimate detail about his relationship with wife Mira
- Stuart Broad's Nottingham pub does not revolve around cricket
- World Cup 2019: India hope to manage injuries and weather against NZ
- Sania Mirza slams 'cringeworthy' TV ads hyping the Indo-Pak WC match
- Rishabh Pant got nod for WC because he is lefty, says Sanjay Bangar
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Closed skywalk in Bandra East leave commuters fuming!