Sonam Kapoor shuts down 'mediawallas' on Katrina Kaif's comment with this post
Sonam Kapoor asks mediawallas to keep calm, as Katrina Kaif's comment on Janhvi Kapoor's 'very short shorts' was an inside joke
Sonam Kapoor has come in to defend her girls Katrina Kaif and Janhvi Kapoor. While the latter being her sister, and the former a dear friend of hers, Sonam Kapoor has asked mediawallas to cut the drama as the comment made by Bharat actress Katrina Kaif was an inside joke of the group.
For the unversed, everything started with an 'innocent comment' (as mentioned by Sonam Kapoor) by Katrina Kaif on Neha Dhupia's talk show BFFs with Vogue. The actress said: "Not OTT, but I am concerned about the very, very short shorts that Janhvi wears! She comes to my gym as well, so we often are together in the gym. I just worry about her sometimes."
Ever since then, the trio - Janhvi Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor and Katrina Kaif - are ruling headlines. From 'who said to whom' to 'asking people to calm down' Janhvi's sister Sonam has come out in defence of both actresses.
Sonam also tweeted about the same on Sunday to clear the air on the matter. She said: "Guys I wasn't defending janhvi over something my very dear friend Katrina might have innocently said. It's an inside joke with my sister on her gym looks that get papped. Pls don't create drama mediawallas. [sic]"
Guys I wasn’t defending janhvi over something my very dear friend Katrina might have innocently said. It’s an inside joke with my sister on her gym looks that get papped. Pls don’t create drama mediawallas. https://t.co/CJaWToFNzb— Sonam K Ahuja (@sonamakapoor) June 2, 2019
Now, Sonam Kapoor says that her response, at least, was an 'inside joke' with Janhvi and that she wasn't actually calling her 'very dear friend' Katrina Kaif out over what she said.
On the professional front, Sonam Kapoor is currently shooting for The Zoya Factor, with Dulquer Salman. Initially, The Zoya Factor was set to be released on June 14, 2019, but on Thursday, the makers along with the star cast have announced the date change. The makers took to their social media and announced this news along with a glimpse from the film. Sharing the news, makers wrote, "The date may have changed, but the game hasn't. #TheZoyaFactor will hit cinemas on 20th September 2019."
Top entertainment stories of the day:
- SRK, Salman Khan, Iulia Vantur, Arbaaz-Giorgia, Katrina Kaif at Baba Siddique's Iftar party
- Do you know the loves stories of these famous couples?
- From Wanted to Bharat: Salman Khan's saga of Eid release continues
- GQ Best Dressed Awards 2019: Katrina Kaif, Mandira Bedi, Nushrat Bharucha, Sonam Kapoor attend
- Bandra spotted: Janhvi Kapoor and Malaika Arora ace the gym look
- Bharat: Salman Khan's eidi doesn't make its way to fans?
- Jawaani Jaaneman: Reverse-ageing for Saif Ali Khan with a different hair-do
- Yami Gautam on Kaabil's release in China: Some ideas don't age
- Aparshakti Khurana: Ayushmann is very strict when it comes to career
- Ali Abbas Zafar on Bharat: You can't write a romantic scene with Salman and Katrina
- #MeToo: Vikas Bahl takes credit as director for Hrithik Roshan-starrer Super 30 again
- Taimur, Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan's vacation pics from Tuscany look like great fun
- Shah Rukh Khan-starrer Dhoom 4 in the making?
- Katrina Kaif and other B-town beauties make heads turn at Baba Siddique's Iftar party
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe