Malaal trailer is gripping: Sharmin Segal and Meezaan Jaaferi's intense love story takes tragic turn
In one of the shots, Sharmin can be seen decked up in a Maharashtrian outfit, dancing to a peppy song. Another glimpse shows a melodious romantic song picturised on the lead pair.
The trailer of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Malaal has been launched. Newbies Sharmin Segal and Meezaan Jaaferi are all set to take the audience on an emotional roller-coaster ride in their upcoming film 'Malaal'. The trailer of the film was released on Saturday and depicts how an intense love story takes a tragic turn.
Sharing the trailer of the movie, film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted, "Very interesting. Sanjay Leela Bhansali introduces Sharmin Segal and Meezaan in #Malaal. Directed by Mangesh Hadawale. 28 June 2019 release. #MalaalTrailer".
The love-hate relationship between the debutants will not only tug at your heartstrings but will also show a different side of love. The movie seems to be based out of Maharashtra, with Meezaan being a native of the state and Sharmin an outsider.
Initially, Meezaan and curly-haired Sharmin dislike each other and can be seen fighting over trivial issues. Also, Meezaan seems to be cold towards Sharmin as she is not a Maharashtrian.
Amid these cute tiffs, Meezaan and Sharmin gradually fall in love with each other. The sweet and simple chemistry between the debutants will make you fall in love with the characters - until the love-hate relationship takes a turn for the worse.
The 3.04-minute-long trailer also features glimpses of songs from the movie. In one of the shots, Sharmin can be seen decked up in a Maharashtrian outfit, dancing to a peppy song. Another glimpse shows a melodious romantic song picturised on the lead pair.
Sanjay Leela Bhansali is introducing his niece Sharmil and Meezaan, the son of actor Jaaved Jaaferi. Earlier today, Adarsh had shared the poster of the film featuring Meezaan riding a bike while Sharmin embraces the actor while sitting in front of him.
Wishing Sharmin luck for her upcoming film, Salman Khan tweeted a picture of the debutante as a kid and wrote, "Just like that, it's time now to see this beautiful little Sharmin bloom on the silver screen in her debut film, Malaal. May this new journey bring you all luck and love."
Helmed by Mangesh Hadawale and produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Bhushan Kumar, Mahaveer Jain, and Krishan Kumar, the film is slated to be released on June 28.
Best of Cannes Film Festival 2019:
- Cannes 2019: Kangana Ranaut dazzles in white ensemble for a gala
- Cannes 2019: Priyanka Chopra takes Victorian look a notch higher as she walks with Nick Jonas
- Cannes 2019: Kangana Ranaut's latest gown is all sorts of dreamy
- Cannes 2019: Deepika Padukone shows off her radiant side in this bright couture
- Cannes 2019: Kashmera Shah makes debut with her directorial film
- Cannes 2019: 'Elegance ki moorat', 'Baby': Ranveer Singh praises Deepika Padukone's look
- Cannes 2019: Hina Khan stuns in a lavender gown at the soiree
- Cannes 2019: Huma Qureshi shimmers in a black Balmain blazer-dress
- Cannes 2019 photos: Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas set couple goals yet again!
- Cannes 2019 Photos: Kangana Ranaut's pictures on a yacht are ruling the internet
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Mallika Sherawat makes her entry into web series as a sexy bhootni with Tusshar Kapoor