Mumbai Crime: Boy sexually assaulted by help, mother blames husband
The victim's mother filed a complaint against the domestic help, her husband and in-laws after catching the help sexually assualt her 4-year-old son in Malabar Hill
A woman recently approached the police to register a complaint of sexual assault on her 4-year-old son by domestic help. Along with the domestic help, however, she also named her husband and in-laws as accused after they allegedly disbelieved her and allowed the help to continue working in their house. A case has been registered by Malabar Hill police under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (Pocso) Act, 2012 against all accused.
According to the Times of India, the woman mother, who is a lawyer by profession caught the domestic help touching her son inappropriately last week. "Initially she had doubts but that day, after she caught the servant sexually assaulting her son, she took her son into confidence and inquired. The child is believed to have narrated his ordeal, after which she brought this to the light of her husband as well as her parents-in-law who stay with them," sources said.
Instead of taking any action against the help, the husband and his parents disbelieved it. They also allowed the domestic help to continue working in the house, after which the woman decided to lodge a complaint. The woman approached the police on June 4 and lodged her complaint. Police then recorded the statement of the victim on Monday. Vinod Kamble, senior inspector of Malabar Hill police confirmed a complaint had been filed but refused to divulge any details.
Top stories of the day
- 'Our whole life destroyed, why should he live?'
- Mumbai: Andheri colony locals shudder at tree breaks
- Rain, wind make cladding around Gandhi mural fall on man, killing him
- Esplanade should be fixed, not demolished, say heritage committee
- Parts of Mumbai may face 10-15 percent water cut till June 14
- Mumbai police help disaster management gain traction on Twitter
- Maoists arrested in May 1 Gadchiroli attack case sent to police custody
- SGNP hosts firefly show despite environmentalists' red flag
- Cabinet expansion: Shiv Sena loyalists likely to miss ministerial berth
- 'Exclude marks given to SSC students for art, sports too'
- Uran graffiti man was in touch with terror suspects, say cops
- Man beheads nephew to 'appease deities' for bountiful harvest
- Rare photos of Mukesh Ambani with wife Nita, parents Dhirubhai and Kokilaben you should not miss!
- Pune police raid 83-year-old activist's Ranchi home
- Ola driver returning customer's wallet restores man's faith in humanity
- Aaditya Thackeray: The young Shiv Sena leader turns 29 today
- Aaditya Thackeray interacts with officials at BMC headquarters in SoBo
- Gujarat on alert as cyclonic storm Vayu moves towards coast
- Heavy showers and cyclone alert in Mumbai!
- Have you seen these fabulous pictures of Disha Patani?
- Bandra Diaries: Ananya Panday, Diana Penty, Krystle D'souza, Nidhhi Agerwal spotted
- Janhvi Kapoor, Mira Rajput, Kriti Sanon sweat it out at gym in Bandra
- Juhu Diaries: Sara Ali Khan and Kartik Aaryan look from the next film goes viral
- Shahid Kapoor reveals an intimate detail about his relationship with wife Mira
- Stuart Broad's Nottingham pub does not revolve around cricket
- World Cup 2019: India hope to manage injuries and weather against NZ
- Sania Mirza slams 'cringeworthy' TV ads hyping the Indo-Pak WC match
- Rishabh Pant got nod for WC because he is lefty, says Sanjay Bangar
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Worst Crime: Man begs for rice, sexually assaults 16-year-old boy