PIL in Delhi HC seeks title change of Salman Khan's 'Bharat'
Changed in one of the dialogues of the film also sought, where the character has been compared to the country, contending that it hurts the patriotic sentiments of the people of the country.
A Public Interest Litigation was filed in Delhi High Court on Thursday seeking a change of the title of Bollywood superstar Salman Khan's upcoming movie 'Bharat'.
According to the petitioner, Vikas Tyagi, the movie is apparently "distorting the culture and political image of our great country 'Bharat'."
In his plea, Tyagi had contended that the title of the film is violating of Section 3 of Emblems and Names (Prevention of Improper Use) Act, according to which the word 'Bharat' cannot be used for the commercial purpose.
He has also sought one of the dialogues of the film to be changed, where the character has been compared to the country, contending that it hurts the patriotic sentiments of the people of the country.
"This film is fraught with Salman's typical flippancy and vulgarity. Being a 'Bharatiya', I feel it is not appropriate to name such film or any character associated with this film after our great nation," Tyagi said.
The movie, which also stars Katrina Kaif and is directed by Ali Abbas Zafar, is slated for a release on June 5.
On the other hand, Salman Khan is on a promotional spree for his magnum opus Bharat. The Salman and Katrina Kaif-starrer has got fans of both actors super excited and eager to see what the film has in store for them. Taking promotions a notch higher, Sohail Khan took to Instagram to share a video of Salman urging his fans to start booking tickets in advance.
With inputs from PTI
Top News stories of the day
- Narendra Modi swearing-in: Ambanis, Shahid-Mira, Kangana attend ceremony
- Love again! These famous people got married more than once
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: Yet to find caste angle in Dr Payal Tadvi's case, say police
- Mumbai: 33-year-old attempts suicide outside Aamir Khan's office
- Horror in Mahabaleshwar: 12-year-old's scalp ripped apart in carting accident
- Bikers attack astrologer, tell her to withdraw rape case against Karan Oberoi or else...
- Shobhaa De, son Aditya and Sussanne Khan at a party in Colaba
- Mumbai: Central Railway General Manager retires after three key achievements
- Mumbai Crime: Goon threatens Parle volunteers for good driving
- BMC to rope in citizens to fight air pollution
- Mumbai: Hike in AC local fares from June 1
- Sharon Joan: Fashion blogger recreates British Royals wardrobe for reasonable price
- Corrosion, beautification, audit firm now blamed for CSMT bridge collapse
- Mumbai: Lions to be main attraction in Byculla zoo again after 7 years
- Mumbai: Guard dies after being thrown out of the train
- Mumbai Crime: Marine engineer dies in acid attack, friend in hospital
- Narendra Modi, team start on second innings
- Congress boycotts television debates for a month
- Mukesh-Nita Ambani, Anant Ambani, Ratan Tata spotted at Mumbai airport
- NEET answer key out, but candidates unhappy
- Taming fake news with logic and AI
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Delhi HC seeks Kejriwal Government's reply on CBI probe of Imran Hussain bribery case