Venkaiah Naidu offers prayers at Lord Venkateswara shrine
On his arrival at the shrine at the crack of dawn, he was accorded a warm welcome
Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu on Tuesday offered prayers at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala.
Naidu arrived here with his family members last evening on a two-day spiritual visit and stayed at a heavily guarded Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) guest house on the hills.
Had darshan of Lord Venkateswara Swamy this morning in Tirumala.— VicePresidentOfIndia (@VPSecretariat) June 4, 2019
Prayed for universal peace and a world free from conflicts and hunger.
Also prayed for well being and prosperity of all people. #LordBalaji pic.twitter.com/1Voage1RyM
à° à°°à±à°à± à°à±à°à±à°à°¬ à°¸à°à±à°¯à±à°²à°¤à± à°à°²à°¿à°¸à°¿ à°¤à°¿à°°à±à°®à°² à°¶à±à°°à±à°µà°¾à°°à°¿à°¨à°¿ à°¦à°°à±à°¶à°¿à°à°à±à°à±à°µà°¡à° à°à°°à°¿à°à°¿à°à°¦à°¿.— VicePresidentOfIndia (@VPSecretariat) June 4, 2019
à°à°à°µà°à°¤à±à°¨à°¿ à°®à±à°à°¦à± à° à°à°¦à°°à± à°¸à°®à°¾à°¨à°®à± à° à°¨à± à°¸à°¨à°¾à°¤à°¨ à°§à°°à±à°®à°¾à°¨à±à°¨à°¿ à° à°¨à±à°¸à°°à°¿à°à°à°¿, à°¸à°¾à°®à°¾à°¨à±à°¯à°à°à±à°¤à±à°¨à°¿à°²à°¾à°à°¾ à°µà±à°à±à°à° à° à°à±à°¯à±à°à°¾à°à°ªà±à°²à±à°à±à°¸à± à°¨à±à°à°à°¿ à°¶à±à°°à±à°µà°¾à°°à°¿ à°¦à°°à±à°¶à°¨à°¾à°¨à°¿à°à°¿ à°µà±à°³à±à°³à°¾à°¨à±. #LordBalaji pic.twitter.com/O8lI9aEvF6
On his arrival at the shrine at the crack of dawn, he was accorded a warm welcome. He spent about half an hour in the shrine, temple sources told PTI.
He took to Twitter to share pictures and wrote, "Our country is moving in the right direction towards economic prosperity and want the fruits of development to reach to every section. I also invoked the Lord’s blessings for good rainfall and farmers’ well-being."
Our country is moving in the right direction towards economic prosperity and want the fruits of development to reach to every section.— VicePresidentOfIndia (@VPSecretariat) June 4, 2019
I also invoked the Lord’s blessings for a good rainfall and farmers’ well-being. #LordBalaji pic.twitter.com/XpUXbPLIwp
After offering prayers, the vice president was honoured with a sacred silk cloth and 'prasadam' by the management of the shrine.
Later, talking to reporters, he said Lord Venkateswara was his family deity and thus he was named after the Lord.
Top Stories of the day
- Mumbai: 14-year-old girl leaves home with Rs 5,000 to meet Tik Tok star in Nepal
- Mumbai Crime: Borivli businessman held for raping 19-year-old woman in flat
- Mumbai: One dead, two injured as two cars collide near Mahalaxmi Racecourse
- Plant twice the number, or pay up for new trees, Badlapur man who hacked 860 trees told
- Mumbai: 16-storey apartments to accommodate 28,000 civic cleaners
- No more sea view south Mumbai home for the guard from Govandi
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: Crime Branch wants custody of three accused doctors in Payal Tadvi case
- Maharashtra is fifth worst in ragging cases; 10 pc ragging complaints over caste-based harassment
- Declare internal assessment marks, state board tells junior colleges
- Make Marathi compulsory in schools, political parties say
- Mumbai: Auto crackdown nets RTO record revenue
- Rules to regulate babus' conduct on new media?
- After Dabangg 3, Salman Khan to start shooting for Kick 2
- Mira Rajput trolled for walking barefoot, with heels in hand at Mumbai airport
- Ali Abbas Zafar: Didn't alter script for Katrina
- Taapsee Pannu: Don't feel like an insider, don't wish to be one
- Jacqueline Fernandez receives a special token from a young fan
- Konkona Sensharma's date with the queer community
- Telly tattle: Faisal Khan takes up gymnastics; Kinshuk Vaidya's next based on Sairaat
- Mira Rajput with Shahid Kapoor, Shilpa Shetty with family clicked in Bandra
- Juhu spotted: Sunny Leone and Daniel Weber's outing with twins and Nisha is too cute
- Katrina Kaif's candid photos: Transformation from Boom to Bharat
- mid-day exclusive: Ajinkya Rahane to watch IND vs SA from his hotel balcony
- World Cup 2019: A hat-trick of opener hundreds beckons Virat Kohli
- World Cup 2019: German footballer Thomas Mueller roots for Virat Kohli
Edited by mid-day online desk with inputs from Agencies
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Devotees across India throng temples to offer prayers to Lord Krishna